Friday 28 February 2014

Head in the air

Dear readers,

this week I had my head in the air:

Admiring the new hot Perrault tower in town (DC1), right at the Danube river in the 22nd district.

I have no clue how he did it, but monsieur Perrault managed to created a public space with the feeling of a harbour in Vienna, which is unusual. Usually you need to travel to Hamburg for atmospheres like this. I sensed a very distinctive Elbe feeling. Can you see it, too:

Heavy winds have always been a problem in this area close to the river Danube. I really like he way the architect addressed the problem: Bold and visible, by facing the problem. Those glas panels are wind protections shields. Not more, not less. And: they don't pretend to be anything else, nothing to conceal. What a lovely statment. Merci, Dominique! I really appreciate everything you did, besides the impressive tower. 

This blog is leaving the architecture-only zone and heading towards pasta, espressi and fountains. See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment