Tuesday 10 April 2012

With a Silver Spoon

I might have to revise some of my beliefs. To begin with I might acknowledge I actually did grow up with a silver spoon in my mouth. Really? Me?

 
Not any silver spoon but Hansel and Gretel. 

Yesterday I brought the tinged spoon to my parent's place, knowing I would find silver-polish in their household. While I happily polished the tinged spoon, I kept on repeating those lyrics in my mind, the one where the woman did grow up with no silver spoon in her mouth. It was a ballade on a rap/funk/soul-album*  Oh yes, the story of a female upper middle class student, growing up in the cottage, listening to ghetto-rap in the early 90's. That's another story. Probably not worth being told.

*I  browsed through my music collection - I was sure it was Lauryn Hill, but I could not find the song. Any idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment