Saturday 18 December 2010

Home Stretch

Zielgerade. Home Stretch (thank you Vix for the introduction to this term!)
Only 6 more days until Christmas Eve. I am glad I opened the Christmas season early this year. Because I enjoy every single day and I guess I will be a bit sentimental once the season is over.

One more candle to light!

Though I already caught myself pinching a bit from the herring salad which is traditionally a dish AFTER Christmas. I will stop praising this season since some of your are not in the mood or don't find the time to get into the mood.


This is inside the largest pawn shop in Vienna. Can this be called a shop? I'd rather say it's a pawn palais since the shop it actually is located inside a palais, founded in 1707. The palais as seen has been opened in 1901:

"Kaiser Franz Joseph selbst nahm die feierliche Eröffnung vor. Die Räumlichkeiten entsprachen bereits damals allen Anforderungen eines großen Auktionshauses; in den weitläufigen Schauräumen und Salons traf sich die elegante Auktionsgesellschaft. "
source: Dorotheum.com

Mr Paula is running errands (thanks to Janet, who lives in The Gardener's Cottage, I picked up this term on her blog). The streets will be very busy, later this afternoon.


Several bikes prove: I am not the only one riding it these days

So much I adore their products (LUSH), I keep them away from my skin since they do nothing but harm to my skin:


This is what works for me!


In the supermarket I finally spotted this gift:

Can you imagine the love, peace and happiness, you bring to your sister's or brother's house on Christmas Eve when giving this saxophon to your niece or nephew? I doublechecked: this is an actual saxophon, not a PS III-device. *hooot*

I am off to the kitchen, tomorrow a 11pax tea will take place at my sister's house, I am bringing cookies and cake. I will listen to my favourite radio programme and later on I will start my 3rd attempt for lasting curls. Gambare!

I hope you are all well and leave the sore throats and cold to others this year!

4 comments:

  1. You are very close...it's "home stretch"!

    [I think it may be a term borrowed from race tracks, but am too lazy to look.]

    You and your holiday doings/excitement are exhausting me, but I appreciate living vicariously through you! I did break down and do some baking...don't worry, lots of butter and sugar were involved.

    The pawn palais is stunning and I want to be there NOW. I love pawn shops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Vix for helping me out when it comes to exotic terms :-) Good thing I can edit my postings anytime. I just returned from the backyard, showeling snow off the car, such a great poweder snow! And placing all the cuddly toys plus some pillows on the frame for beating carpets for the sanitizing night tonight.
    Don't forget to write down all the places you see here and also the season you like them the most, just in case you ever make it to Vienna! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liebe Paula,
    dieses Jahr scheinen viele die Jahreszeit und Weihnachten lange vorher bewusster zu genießen als die Jahre zuvor. Liegt sicherlich auch an dem tollen Winterwetter, das wir haben...das Leben ein bißchen zu *entschleunigen* und genießen ist die Zauberformel in diesem Winter!:)
    Danke für Deine Vogelhaus-Seite!!Eins wäre schon dabei, dass mir gefiele...
    Durch Deine Augen bekommt der Rest der Welt etwas von Wien zur Weihnachtszeit mit...das finde ich schön, hat man doch das Gefühl *mitzulaufen* ohne einen Regenschirm aufspannen zu müssen ;)
    Hab` einen warmen, gemütlichen 4. Advent!
    Beate :)

    PS: Grade haben sie in den Nachrichten gebracht, dass es in London -20° hat!!! Heathrow ist dicht, nix geht mehr...unglaublich, dieses Jahr!

    ...und nein, viele Lieblingsbilder stammen nicht von mir selber, sind *Anleihen* und verlinkt mit einem "via *".
    ... wenn ich mal Zeit habe für eigene Fotos, dann schreibe ich auch eine Kennzeichnung dazu.
    Grüßle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liebe Beate, ich genieße die Einblicke, die persönliche Blogs bieten auch sehr! Irgendwie sehe ich lieber einen Vorgarten als die Bilder im Fernsehen. Viel Schnee habe ich in England gesehen (Jeanne/Collage of Life und Blighty). Wahrscheinlich macht der Schnee uns irgendwie auch wieder zu Kindern und sage, welches Kind freut sich nicht über Schnee? Gestern, beim Auto freischaufeln hatte ich einen Mordsspaß mit der weißen Pracht.

    ReplyDelete