Thursday 2 January 2014

New Tradition

Hello, New Year!

Last year Mr Paula and I started a New Tradition: around New Year we like to visit the Lainzer Tiergarten. The Lainzer Tiergarten is a huge park where the upper class hunts during the hunting season, that's why there are walls all around the huuuge park - today as well as approx. 120 years ago. The park is open to the public. You can walk or hike for ours and today - so to say the 2nd time when we did this around New Year's Day - we also used the walk to check our fitness status. Not bad, not bad at all!
 
We were not the only ones to visit Lainzer Tiergarten today. We literally ran into my brother in law (he running uphill, I running downhill), earlier we met a lovely woman from the Vienna Design Week and her whole family ... ah, I love it, when the city magically turns into a village, where anonymity is an unknown catagory.

Enough with the words, I let the photos speak for themselves. All pictures taken with the SIGMA DP2, a few crops, all JPG out of cam.


















The 3 kings admire the new born and I admire the scenery.

One of my most favourite motives ever: to take a photo of people while they are taking photos.
I hope you enjoyed the picture-tour as much as we did.

Yery much to my surprise I fleed the New Year's Concert. I don't know what Daniel Barenboim had intended, I am very sorry to say, his selection bored me no end. In the past years - so to say the past 25 years the least) I was paralyzed by the concert and could not leave the living room. 2 hours full with waltz, polka and marches. After partying. Hardcore concert experience.
Today I was so disappointed. Maybe the chemistry between him and the Philarmonic orchestre did not work out? However, we left the house at an hour where we would sit at the dining table, drink orange juice and listend to the concert. Not this year. The light in the Lainzer Tiergarten evened everything out. No disappointment lft at the end of the day.

Happy New Year!
Paula

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year!
    The walk through the park on January 1st looks magical with everybody at home sleeping after partying too hard January 1st is the perfect day to go out and enjoy some privacy in the public parks followed by some hot tea or coffee.

    ReplyDelete